Advanced Mixology with Miss Mary
The Ramos Gin Fizz
If you're pretty handy behind the bar, you may be up for a new challenge. We have just the recipe for you - the RAMOS GIN FIZZ.
INGREDIENTS - What You Need
- 2 oz gin (try Volstead's Folly or Hendrick's)
- 1/2 oz fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 oz lime juice
- 3/4 oz Miss Mary's Sugar Free Sinless Simple Syrup
- 2 dashes of orange flower water (or orange oil or zest)
- 1 oz heavy cream (substitute with coconut cream for dairy free)
- 1 egg white
- 2 oz chilled club soda
- 1 garnish (lemon wheel or peel strip)
INSTRUCTIONS - How to Make
- Add gin, juice, flower water, simple syrup, and egg white to a shaker. Shake vigorously for 15-20 seconds without ice.
- Then add several cubes of ice and shake again for up to five minutes. This is where the magic happens. Don't skimp on the shaking.
- Add cream to your shaker and shake until integrated. (about 5 seconds)
- Pour soda water into a collins glass and strain the cocktail into the glass. Leave a little room at the top of the glass.
- Put glass into refrigerator until foam sets (1-3 minutes).
- Once the foam is set, you can poke a small hole in it to finish pouring the (strained) cocktail into the glass. (This makes the foam rise above the rim.)
- Garnish creatively and enjoy!
If you decide to make this beautiful, complex cocktail, tag us in your social photo. We're always looking for master mixologists to work with!